Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pieces of Excitement: Eco Edition

Add to: Wish List
These two Eco Smart Fires are so full of awesomeness. Above is what the designers call Fire + Ice Coffee table. If you look close, you can see you can grow grass under the left side.. How Cool!
Below is the portable Igloo fireplace and I think it's just beautiful.
So it might be a blogger no-no to copy this... but I can't explain it better. Aside from their beauty, this is why these fireplaces are so wonderful. From their website,"EcoSmart Fireplaces are fuelled by bio ethanol, a renewable liquid fuel produced from agricultural by-products which burns clean - no smoke, no harmful emissions.bio ethanol is completely composed of plant products resulting in a neutral ecological balance. The combustion of bio ethanol produces Heat Steam and Carbon Dioxide."


So this flying carpet seriously does take me to another place. I'm in love not only with this rug, but Nanimarquina, a company located in Spain. You should watch this awesome video that made me want to become a rug designer for a second... Seriously beautiful work.
As a barista, I always fight with myself to try and find a useful purpose for all of the espresso and coffee grounds that go to waste. There's gotta be something great for this little grounds.. and Raw Studio from the UK has done just that. They also make these super duper hanging chairs.
um, hello you beautiful magazine table made out of recycled paper board. I need.. oh about twenty of these. Officially a fan of Matt Gagnon.

 So glad to share these sustainable designs with you. One last thing... not eco related, but I wanted to show you some of the work I finished in the dark room the other day.

The first two are for a Depth of Field assignment; they're not the best ones I developed, those are turned in, but I still like them. The second set are some of a project I'm working on now which is Up Close in Nature.

Do you have any favorite eco finds? Post em in the comment box.
Thanks for reading! I'm sewing away this weekend. 
M

No comments: