Thursday, June 16, 2011

Feelin' Artsy > Clock Painting

Do you ever get that feeling that you just need to drop everything and paint something? 
Recently, I have and so I did. 
I've had this clock since the start of my junior year in college. About three months after I bought it, I was tired of it. I figured this would be the perfect thing to start painting on because it doesn't matter if I mess  up. This clock has been recovered from my trash pile a few times and somehow is still in the living room. 

At first, I started painting it all one color. I wanted to try and make it look modern, but it just wasn't happening. I didn't even take a photo of it because I thought it was so ugly. 
Luckily, I happen to have a very sweet boy around me all the time who is very talented at painting so I asked him if he would help me paint this clock and make it beautiful. 
He said yes. 
We just had fun with it and painted whatever we felt like. It was so much fun! I can't even decide which part is my favorite. I've been keeping an eye out for things around my house that I wouldn't mind giving a face lift. Oh and you should know that the "timeless love" business is not just because we're cheesy and gooey lovey dovey, which we are, but it's also because the clock doesn't work. Hasn't for a long time :)

These are two photos of Christiano (sweet painter boy) and I at the Contemporary Art Museum in St. Louis, MO. Christiano's photo is blurry because I didn't have a chance to take another after we got in trouble. We did ask if it was ok and one guard told us yes, but then another lady saw us and corrected him. We felt bad. He said that if someone was in the photo with the art, it was okay, but I guess the rules changed. 
Still, I don't mind giving credit where credit is due. The artists' work that I am photographed with is Erika Wanenmacher and the painting behind Christiano is work by Dana Schutz. We were drawn to these two pieces.  

Have you been inspired to paint anything recently or drawn to any artwork? Leave me a link below and let me see. I'd love to see other collaborative art projects and inspiring work. 

Have a lovely day,
Missy

No comments: