Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back on Track

I'm not even kidding you, the weather has been perfect in my life for the past 14 days straight. While it was deathly hot in Springfield, I was prancing around NY with upper 70 shy 80 degree weather, and then I return to Springfield and it's rain, sunshine, rain, sunshine. Perfection. I love having the windows open and listening to a nice mix of rain, cars, band practice and people outside on C-St. I can't help but get some work done in the studio. 
Great weather = productivity

Which is really good for more reasons than the obvious. 

My collaborative collection with Maggie is fast approaching and I'm started to get really excited. We're busting out garments like nobody's business. It's really inspiring. We still need to find a few more models and find sponsors for shoes, hair and makeup. I'll be sure to share some photos of us in the studio :)

Is my excitement scaring you?
 I also managed to gather ALL of my documents necessary for my Korea application!!! That only took, what, eight months? So I have until the beginning of December to finish my teaching certification and I'll have to fill out the new application for February departure and then I've officially applied. I decided to hold off and leave in February instead of Aug-Oct for a few reasons. 

1. Might have possibly missed my own show (uhhhhh...)
2. I'd miss being part of one of my best friends wedding ( ummm?)
3. I'd miss seeing my niece's or nephew's enter this world... that's right! I'm going to be an aunt to ... twins!! (omgosh no!)

So yea, I figured those were good enough reasons to justify staying here for a bit longer. 
Personal goals, Friends and Family.

Tomorrow night we're making dinner for Christiano's momma and great aunt. I can't wait! 

You know how it takes a few days to get back in the swing of things after being on vacation?.. we'll thats me. I'll be back soon with photos from our trip. There's so many to sort through!
Love, 
Missy
Thanks for reading!

No comments: