Wednesday, February 9, 2011

All This Snow Bringin' Ya Down? Pieces of excitement!

Here's a mix of a few things that I have been entertaining myself with and things I'm super happy about during these stay-inside days.
Enjoy!

I've been completely swoon with TED for a little over a year now. One of my previous writing teachers turned me on to it and I love it! Very inspiring, very enlightening!
 Some of my favorite TED Talks: here here here and here 

My new bag!
A gift from Christiano!

An almost complete color palette
Just missing my green. Waiting for all this snow to clear so I can get my Iris Roots. I'll have a post showing how I got my soft pink and tans soon!

Becoming a seller on amazon
Still trying to figure everything out, but it's really fun to get an email letting you know something sold!

Springfield public library
Had some extra time to read lately with all this snow? If you make it out, check our our libraries here. They do a really great job and have some really nice facilities. My favorite thing about our libraries here is the super easy renewal process they have installed online. 
If you're like me, checking out only two or three books is wayyy too hard of a decision. So, two weeks is just not long enough to read 'em all, renew!
And ok, if you're not in Springfield, I still encourage you to check out your local library. I mean it's free!

Spring Couture
Giambattista Valli

Stephanie Rolland

Valentino
Couture is my favorite season of them all! I have saved so many images, but these are a few I just had to share. These are the ones that literally made me say WHHaaat! ha! I love it!

Techno Hoodie 
found at Old Navy
Can I just say thank you to the designer who conceived this idea(a jacket with built in headphones and plug for my phone or ipod). Thank you. In the past few weeks, I owe a lot to this jacket for one, keeping me warm, and two (and most important) helping me focus. 
Sure, I have headphones that I could easily put on, but theres something about how easy this is that makes it work so much better for me. Being easily distracted, this little hoodie has allowed me to hear my own thoughts and stay on track recently. Who wudda thunk it?
Did I mention it's washable?

Meyers Hand Soap-Basil scent
I don't even care if these products are cruelty-free and biodegradable...(what, did I just say that?) this scent smells so dang good I squealed when I spotted it on the shelf at Target. I first fell in love with it when I used it at the Art Factory on New Years, and I've been debating on whether or not I should buy some online, but when I saw it there...it was over.

My models being so wonderful and flexible, reliable and beautiful!
Sneek Peek!
Even though you can't see her, this is Shannon! She came over for a fitting today and I just wanted to share a little bit. This is one of my looks in the development stage. I'm so excited!

Alright so I hope between TED, the library, things to shop for, and Couture I've helped to ease some of this cabin fever!
Thanks for seeing what I've been up to and enjoy the beautiful sights of this weather.

Your Doll,
Missy

No comments: