Thursday, July 7, 2011

Good Thoughts

This morning Christiano and I decided to grab lunch at Cooks Kettle right across the street from where I live. It's a culinary school for people who have previously been addicts and are clean now but need a place to start, get an education and learn a trade. They have to follow strict rules to be allowed to stay in the program, but the end result is seven certifications that are recognized by the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation. They serve breakfast and a lunch buffet... anyways this is not a post about the Kettle, although very good. 

While I was waiting to get my food in line I our friend Gill popped up in line too. He sat down to lunch with us and we got to talking religion and life in general. Gill always says something that keeps me thinking hours later, but today he said something that really struck me. He said "Really, what it's all about is realizing the moment that you are in right now. The place you are right now in your life and what's around you." And while I've heard and thought about this before, sometimes a reminder is just what I need.  

So as I sat there listening to him talk I noticed the sun outside, the life on C-st driving by. Christiano to my right. A full plate of food in front of me. I had a beautifully colored sundress on and I'm living in good health. I was sitting there with Gill, who I admire, with my homework printed out and sitting on the table, reminding me of the new adventure I'm preparing for. 
Life is so beautiful.

While it is so easy to hold onto the things that are wrong in this world and people who have done me wrong, I have to be thankful for all that is right. And, I have to be thankful for the people who remind me of the that. 

So whether you feel like responding to this post in the comment box or not, I hope that reading this helps you to take a look at the life you live and see the good surrounding you. I hope you see the good inside of you.  

I am 22 years old, I just graduated from college and I'm on a mission to see what the other side of the world looks like. I have a loving family, friends and boyfriend. I laugh everyday and I have more than I need. I see beautiful things everyday and I feel connected to the Earth around me.

 Words do not give enough credit to how thankful I am to be right where I am, right now.
Love the everyday,
Missy

No comments: